When creating our online course, one of the mini-lessons is on reflecting and celebrating. When I first started down my goal-setting journey, I set monthly goals. Looking back, it was crazy. I was setting goals like a mad man. The problem was I eventually burnt out. I do not like to think I ever failed. My coach, Coach Pat, says, “I NEVER lose. I either WIN, or I LEARN.” It is difficult to learn if I am consistently moving. There needs to be time to sit quietly, be still, and ensure that continuous improvement is happening.
Here are the questions I ask myself and actions I take after each goal-setting cycle with the GoCycle Goal Setting System.
- Am I using my time wisely?
- Am I taking anything for granted?
- Am I employing a healthy perspective?
- Am I focusing on my circle of influence?
- Am I waking up in the morning ready to take on the day?
- Am I reviewing my day in the evening?
- Am I checking my goals weekly?
- Did I achieve my goals?
- Where did I miss the target?
- What interventions do I need?
- Did I chase shiny objects?
- What small changes do I need to make for the next 45-day cycle?
Set up a call time today
- Share the news with my friends, family, and colleagues.
- Give myself a week off of goals setting. I am on a journey. Enjoy the ride. One week off will not kill me!
- Sleep. Give myself the reward of rest.
- Thank everyone who supported me.
- Share my achievements on social media.
- Treat yourself! Buy something.
I dust myself off with a feather. I can, at times, be very hard on myself. Usually driven by different forms of fear, it can be counterproductive. I can honestly say I am always doing my best. Do I miss the target sometimes? Of course, I am human. I am very fortunate to have outstanding individuals and teams that support my continued growth as a person and a professional. I am very blessed. Dust yourself off, take a break from the continuous improvement cycle, recharge, and get back at it!
If you would like to see if you qualify to be a client, schedule an appointment today. You can schedule an appointment by contacting Kathy, my assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting https://gocyclegoals.com/contact.
Contact us to see if you qualify!
We work with a low volume, high intensity client base.